Sunday, April 1, 2012



"I love your fight. I know it takes 10 times as much mental toughness for you to make it through a day as other kids. And one day, when you get a vision for your life, and you combine that big heart of yours with your persistence, when you fight obstacles instead of people, you are going to accomplish more than other people even dream of. See, I've seen you overcome tough odds. I've seen you interact with adults, I've seen you help people when no one was watching, I've been amazed by your curiosity, imagination and creativity when your grades didn't reflect it. You know how to think, you know how to argue your point, you know how to persuade people. You have common sense, you have street smarts, you have energy in your mind that others will crave one day. You are going to solve problems when others are perplexed. So don't you ever think for one moment that what happens in a classroom is going to determine your future. YOU determine your future. Who you are inside determines your future. And you, my son/daughter are good soil. If you were a stock, I would buy a lot of you and keep it. Because you have everything inside of you necessary for a happy, meaningful life. I can't wait to see how you change the world. Now you go to sleep and don't you worry about what other people think--you hold on to those dreams of yours. You keep fighting. I am so glad God gave you to me. I am the luckiest Mom/Dad in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment